Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Published - finally

A bit of a crosspost with my OLEDs blog, but I don't really care. As of the 24th August my first paper entitled New electroluminescent bipolar compounds for balanced charge-transport and tuneable colour in organic light emitting diodes: triphenylamine–oxadiazole–fluorene triad molecules appeared online at the Journal of Materials Chemistry. Those of you at academic institutions can follow the link and access an html version of it (pdf will follow). The rest of you can still follow the link and see the abstract (and supplimentary info). This has been based on work I did this time last year and remarkably, I'm the first of my friends in chemistry to get a paper out. I feel so special! Hopefully I'll get some more out soon (but not as first author) and I look forward to the day I find out that it's been cited and when the Web of Knowledge updates so I can search for myself!

3 comments:

Luciano Howard said...

Congratulations! I remember when my first paper as lead--author came out last summer. I was utterly stoked so can imagine how you currently feel!!! Its great when its on WoK too, as it always will be there - forever, years after we've fled this mortal coil.

Wait until its cited; that will probably top your feeling currently. Well done again - fully awesome stuff!

Kiran said...

"years after we've fled this mortal coil"

You do realise that in the next few weeks we both turn 26! Although saying that, I still feel really young - I don't freeze up after playing tennis with Blondie and last week we went out for 2 big nights in a row and I was fine on Sunday. In fact, if anything I think my drinking ability has started to increase again! And the beer festival is this weekened. Oh dear...

Luciano Howard said...

We do. Its not really a problem. In my opinion 25 is the point at which things suddenly become harder etc, but, like you, exercise is the key and playing footie after work helps me feel alright.

Enjoy the beerfest. I would love to come but unfortunately thesis writing is of the essence. It'll be good when thats done....