Sunday, August 20, 2006

Our supersized photos

After months of not getting around to it, Blondie and I finally sent off some photos to ProAm Imaging for enlargement. Thing thing that had put me off initially was the fact that I only had a 2MP camera. Since then I've got my 7MP A620 and been on some great trips. The attraction of ProAm is the prices - 8"x10" for 40p, and large 12"x18" prints for £1. They're a pretty retro company with no web submission forms and a paper order form that you have to send in. After a bit of hassle cropping and getting pixel densities correct we sent off the CD and waited. This week they came back and I'm glad to say they're fantastic. Most of mine are adorning my wall so here's a picture of them - for those of can't really visualise, most of the picture are 8"x10".

The lustre/matt option cuts down on reflections from a glossy covering that seems to blight my other digital prints.
They are so impressive that we've discovered they make very good (and cheap) gifts so I wouldn't be surprised if people receive these as presents (maybe with a clip frame if they're lucky) for a while.

No comments: