Sunday, July 23, 2006

My nemesis

For much or the UK, the month of July has been a scorcher - the temperature records have been broken and even the roads have started melting. By night though, the temperature returns to a managable 20oC or so. However, in house 3 we have the boiler from Hell. It seems it was put in before the invention of the timer, so it stays on 24/7. Fro Matt and I whose rooms share walls with this beast this has meant temperatures of over 30oC even at 2am. Needless to say even just sitting in our rooms is verging on unbearable. The best bit is if we turn off the boiler we don't get any hot water... So tempting to sleep outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I feel your pain - I have one of those bastards sitting in my bedroom cupboard. Doesn't help that all the piping results in accidental underfloor heating and that my room gets the afternoon sun...

... so I'm spending a lot of time on my living room sofa at the moment, and it only has a tiny bit to do with my housemate's satellite TV package ;)