Sunday, March 12, 2006

Snow!!


Finally! Winter's been and gone. Durham was blanketed in December...the week after we left. Bromsgrove escaped any snowfall at all over Christmas and New Year. Even Oslo experienced no snowfall whilst we were there. Not only is it now spring, but in a few weeks we shift over to British Summer Time (daylight savings)! We got a light dusting last week (see the nighttime picture), but today I awoke to find the white stuff everywhere. Seeing as I had to go into the lab, I decided to walk down past Mountjoy and the Biology department and get some pictures. Every single parked car along the way had loads of icicles hanging from wheel arches and bumpers. It was also very cold so I was very glad to get to the department where I managed to warm up.
After checking on my reaction I headed home, but didn't get any shots on the return journey. No doubt it'll be gone soon, but I was beginning to think I wouldn't see any fresh snow for another year at least! I'm now relaxing in my room with the lights off, my "dark" playlist on Winamp (currently "The Sea" by Morcheeba) and light reflecting off the snow illuminating my room; very chilled. No doubt it'll all be gone in the morning, but it's the last week of term now which means that the Trevs dafodils will be along soon...

No comments: