Sunday, June 03, 2007

once more unto the breach

Once again I find myself packing to move. This time it's not so bad as it's only for an intermediate month-long period where I'll be living with Ollie and Rich. After that I'll move in with Emma and Barry for 6 or 7 months and beyond that who knows? Essentially I have two lists - one of things I'll need for a month and a second for things to bring up later when I'm more settled. Back in 1999 I had no idea what to pack for 9 weeks of term but over the next 4 years I became adept at cramming almost everything I would need during term into my parents' car (plus me and my parents). In 2003 I had to pack for 3 solid years of being away which wasn't too bad as I tried to shrink down the number of things I needed. This time I'm adopting my minimalist approach and have got it down to a suitcase, a box, a bag and my PC. Yep - my guitars are staying put for now. It still feels weird as this is the 3rd time I'm "leaving home" and as I try to extract and pair all my socks from the airing cupboard and decide which clothes to leave behind it strikes me that this could be the last time.

So I probably won't update this site for a month or so as I'll probably be limited to having the internet at work, but you never know.

3 comments:

Kiran said...

so it's come to this - commenting on my own post. Although I do have the internet at work it's heavily restricted so if someone does magically post a comment don't be offended if I don't reply for a while...

On a different note - thanks to everyone one who's congratulated me on my PhD!

Anonymous said...

you're a great big whinger! well done on your phd, though mine was better. ha ha

matt

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting a job (or at least that's what I'm presuming the move's for?). Hope it exceeds your expectations and that you need your guitars soon :D